How to increase Minecraft's RAM Allocation
When installing Pixelmon Reforged, you may run into problems where your game randomly freezes and locks up for a few seconds at a time. This is normally caused by Minecraft running out of memory due to not having enough RAM allocated for Pixelmon Reforged, which requires at least 2GB of RAM to run properly and will (in many cases) freeze without it.
- Step 1: First, you will want to make sure that you have the latest version of 64-bit Java. Click here for a separate guide on that.
- Step 2: Open up the Minecraft Launcher and click on "Launch Options".
- Step 3: Click on "Advanced Settings" and make sure that the switch is green.
- Step 4: Navigate to the Profile you are running Pixelmon Reforged on and then click on it.
- Step 5: From there, click on "JVM Arguments" and make sure that the switch is green.
- Step 6: Change the Xmx number to Xmx2G.*
- Step 7: You can then click "Save" and re-launch Minecraft!
*You can change 2G to something more than that if your PC can handle it, but remember to be careful to not use up all of your RAM or you may mess up your PC.
- Step 1: Open up the Technic Launcher.
- Step 2: Click on "Launcher Options".
- Step 3: Click on "Java Settings".
- Step 4: Ensure that your Technic Launcher detects that you have a 64-bit version of Java installed. If it does not detect that you do, you will be unable to go past 1GB of RAM, which will not allow you to play Pixelmon Reforged. Go ahead and uninstall your 32-bit version of Java and install a 64-bit version if you haven't already. If you need help, it would be a good idea to join the official Pixelmon Reforged Discord and ask in one of the support channels to see if someone can help you out with your problem.
- Step 5: Click on "Memory" and change it to at least 2GB. You can change 2G to something more than that if your PC can handle it, but remember to be careful to not use up all of your RAM or you may mess up your PC. Do not choose the max setting that Technic allows.
- Step 6: Click the "X" and then launch the Pixelmon Reforged Modpack.