New Tourney Format?

I recently got an idea for a tournament style. i was thinking level one mons. ou tier (Up to discussion). and level one maximum. any evolution stage is allowed. nonlegends only. no megas. no dynamax. just pure damage. ev training would be imperative. and you would have to outspeed your opponent in every turn to bag a win. trick room teams probably wont work as hp will be very low across the board. im open to any ideas! please build off of this! id love to see this happen!

Upvote 0
This kind of format will legitimately just be Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, Pokemon with priority moves, and entry hazards. I personally don't see any enjoyment in a battle that lasts several seconds.

Edit: just realized you said level one and not one hp ;/

Last edited:
This kind of format will legitimately just be Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, Pokemon with priority moves, and entry hazards. I personally don't see any enjoyment in a battle that lasts several seconds.

Edit: just realized you said level one and not one hp ;/
also, no legends. i said in my original post that any non-legendary is legal. legendaries are not. tapu lele is a legendary, right? and we can potentially ban any entry hazard or priority moves from being used? maybe? This would allow moves like EQ, Waterfall, Overheat, Wood Hammer, Etc. to shine much more prevalently than usual. as i said above, id like to see "Raw damage" being used. so likely a matter of outspeeding your opponent using simply the ev's put into a mon. stat changing items should probably also be unused as well. all in all, i think this would be a very good entry-level, noob-friendly kind of tournament where everyone can enjoy quick and decisive victories if we set this up correctly. a name for it could be something like "Hallowed Fantasy One Shot Madness" or something like that.

Last edited:
Back