Denied Custom Form Analyses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm seeing custom forms getting "Recommended Sets" implemented on their wiki pages, I got an idea on how these could be created. Since @Nocluewhat2do has been writing all of them, they may be distributed pretty slowly to each form. There could be a forum where people reserve custom forms and create analyses for them to later be quality checked (Checked for actual legitimate points and information) and grammar checked. If it's approved it can later be posted on the form's wiki page. I got this inspiration from the Smogon forums which do this very thing. I hope you take this suggestion into consideration as I think it's a very good idea but I understand if it's not something you're looking to do.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think I won't create any analysis since I don't want people using my spreads but I will say I think Sawsbuck is one of the strongest Pokemon and potentially overtuned, to whoever might want to make one for it
🤷

I think I won't create any analysis since I don't want people using my spreads but I will say I think Sawsbuck is one of the strongest Pokemon and potentially overtuned, to whoever might want to make one for it
🤷
Keep in mind this is just a suggestion, I have no idea if the staff team would want to go through with this at all.

To sum it up; you basically want a subforum to give suggestions critique and feedback for sets?

To sum it up; you basically want a subforum to give suggestions critique and feedback for sets?
In a way yes, essentially the player writes up the entire set, and the explanation behind why the set is good, the weaknesses of the set, and some other options that can be applied. It's less of a suggestion and more of an application for your analysis to be accepted and posted on the wiki.

In a way yes, essentially the player writes up the entire set, and the explanation behind why the set is good, the weaknesses of the set, and some other options that can be applied. It's less of a suggestion and more of an application for your analysis to be accepted and posted on the wiki.
I would assume it would follow some sort of format too, something like this for example:

[SET]
name:
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
evs:

[SET COMMENTS]
Paragraph 1:
- role that the Pokemon plays
- coverage moves that affect its role
- EV spread in one sentence or less

Paragraph 2:
- brief example of teammates that benefit from the Pokemon's presence
- brief example of foes that the Pokemon is vulnerable to + teammates to help cover them

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [username]
- Quality checked by: [username]
- Grammar checked by: [username]

Thana & I really appreciate the idea but as of this time we're not looking for extra analysis submissions as NoClue is writing them with a specific goal in mind. It would be hard to quality control each new form submission for that particular reason, especially since only he would be handling it while our staff is busy with other things. For now NoClue will work on them alone, but if in the event he slows down in the future, we may open new submissions.

Thana & I really appreciate the idea but as of this time we're not looking for extra analysis submissions as NoClue is writing them with a specific goal in mind. It would be hard to quality control each new form submission for that particular reason, especially since only he would be handling it while our staff is busy with other things. For now NoClue will work on them alone, but if in the event he slows down in the future, we may open new submissions.
I understand 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back