Aqua_Alpha Gym Application

What is your Minecraft username?: Aqua_Alpha
What is your Discord username? Aqua_Alpha
What gym are you applying for? Water/Ghost
Timezone: Eastern Standard Zone
Do you have experience with holding a staff position (online or in real life)?: I been a staff member, like helper and mod on servers and a manager where I work.
How long have you been playing Pokémon/Pixelmon?: I been playing Pokemon since I was 5. I've played every main series game up to the Switch games, but have experience in some of the mons and playing Pixelmon since 2012, when the game came out.
Do you play Pokémon/Pixelmon competitively?: I somewhat Play Competitively.
How long can you play per day or week?: Depends on the week, i can play for a couple hours a day. i will try be more active when I can
Why should we pick you?: I have been part of this server since 1.7.10. I have been a gym leader on the server more than once.(example: the Water/Ice Leader back in 2016-17)
I would help the new players understand the gym mechanic and weaknesses and resistances.
Gym team (Pokémon Showdown Export): https://pokepast.es/3b27808c9db623e1

Hiya, Aqua_Alpha, thank you for taking interest in the gym team!

I've discussed with the other members of the gym team, and we've came up with a few changes we feel you could make to improve your team:

- You might want to use another Ghost-type such as Decidueye or Aegislash instead of Toxapex or Gastrodon
- We feel that it's worth considering investing in some Speed EVs on your Swampert, this is so you can hit certain benchmarks in Rain
- You might want to reconsider the EVs on your Azumarill, making it have a mix of both defenses doesn't help it's versatility too much, it's better to invest in one
- You might also want to reconsider some moves on Azumarill, Swampert and Toxapex

Feel free to contact me on discord (@EatFoods) if you have any questions.

Thank you again for your interest and have a lovely day,
HF Staff and Gym team

Azula (Azumarill) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Perish Song
- Whirlpool
- Protect
- Rest

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 54 SpD
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 60 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Roost
- Defog
- Swords Dance

Hiya Aqua_Alpha, thank you for taking interest in the gym team!

We have decided to DENY your application for the position of the Seiiki Gym Leader, as we feel you need to improve your competitive knowledge.

Feel free to contact me on discord (@EatFoods) if you have any questions and you are welcome to reapply on the 8th of May, which is two weeks from now, if you feel like your competitive knowledge has improved.

Thank you again for your interest and have a lovely day,
HF Staff and Gym team

Back